You Can Lose Weight!

If diets haven't worked for you, and you hate exercise, it is still possible to lose weight. When my brother was alive, I would tell him "Exercise and I have an agreement. I don't bother it and it doesn't bother me!" He would laugh. It really wasn't funny, though. I've always had a battle with my weight.

In May 2012, though, it was no longer funny. My A1C1 was out of control at 12.0! I'm a Type 2 diabetic. My blood sugar had stayed within limits for 10 years with oral medication and diet. But, in the Fall of 2011 I got lazy and arrogant. I quit taking my oral medications. My A1C1 went into outer orbit. The A1C1 is a rating of the blood sugar levels for a 3 - 4 month period of time. 7.0 is the upper level of acceptable blood sugar readings known as A1C1.
So, how did I lose 40 pounds and bring my blood sugar back under control without insulin?
First, I started taking my oral medication for Type 2 diabetes again.

Second, I stopped eating after 6:00 PM. If you are serious about losing weight, apply this rule to your life. No snacks. No late dinners. Be serious and don't eat after 6:00 PM. Soon you will notice a change in your weight. It won't be a fast or big loss, but what you want is a strategy that will lead to steady weight loss. And, this works.

Third, stop eating sugar and white foods. No white bread, no potatoes, no rice, etc. Stop eating sugar. The only thing sugar does for you is cause you to desire more sugar. No ice cream. No cookies. No cake. No pie. No colas. By the way, stop with the aspertame too. Aspertame kills ants. Did you know that? If you get ants in your kitchen, sprinkle the pink packet contents and the ants will be gone in 24 hours. Do you want to ingest ant poison? Get serious about your health and make these changes.

Fourth, pump up the protein. Eat a big breakfast. I have beans, ham and eggs for breakfast almost every morning. The benefits of weight loss overrides the potential for increased cholesterol. I happen to use an anti-cholesterol medication and walk daily to offset the cholesterol, and the weight loss tells me that I am on the right track with my diet strategy.

Visually divide your plate into "fourths". Fill half of your plate with vegetables, one fourth with carbs, and one fourth with meat or protein (ie, beans). Eat up! Don't starve.

Most diet strategies focus on making your body feel starved. This causes the body to go into starvation prevention mode and to store more fat. And, you have a greater battle losing weight. So, if you eat a healthy meal that makes you feel full, but stays away from your poison foods (sugar, white foods, colas, wine, etc.), you will lose weight.

Choose life. Choose health. Make changes before you find yourself in a serious health crisis. You can do it.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dan_Jenkins

0 comments:

Post a Comment