How Much Water Should I Drink Per Day

For my entire life and I am sure for yours to, we have been told by health professionals and parents that you must drink 6-8 glasses of water a day or you will end up becoming dehydrated and your body will not be able to detox properly. I used to follow this advice religiously, just like I used to eat 6 meals a day when I was young and naive and thought this is what you had to do to build muscle. I never liked it but did it because everyone including health professionals gave this advice. I did a bit of growing up however and saw maybe the mainstream doesn't always tell the truth and this led me looking into how much water should you drink per day.

Do You Think It Makes Sense To Drink 6-8 Glasses Of Water?

Seriously, think about it, you are not even thirsty, and for some reason we must still drink 6-8 glasses of water. Maybe our thirst mechanism doesn't work properly anymore. I suspect it does however. There was a scientific study done on water intake which tested people who drank water at set times against people who simply drank when they were thirsty. The study concluded that the group who drank only when they were thirsty were not dehydrated as the mainstream may have you believe.

Is There Water in Your Food?

What people fail to realise is water doesn't just exist as pure water. H2O is found in your food to, some more than others. They say the average person gets about 4 cups of water directly from food. You wont get much from dry foods like bread, but think of a crunchy apple or a watermelon.

Water From Other Sources
You can also get water from beverages such as fruit juice, alcohol, tea and coffee. Alcohol, tea and coffee are said to be diuretics, but this only occurs when drank in large quantities. 3 cups of coffee per day will be adding to your intake, not taking away.

How Much Water Should You Drink For Weight Loss?

This is where things get even more crazy. The mainstream would suggest 1 gallon which is about 16 cups of water per day. That is double than normally recommend. They justify this by saying it helps to flush out toxins. When dieting, I personally do up my water intake even when I am not thirsty. The reason is because when I am on a low calorie diet, the hunger pangs can get quite bad and water can curb this hunger and make you feel more full.

So How Much Water Should You Drink A Day?

I would simply suggest just listening to your body and drinking when thirsty. If on a low calorie diet, drink a glass of water if the hunger pangs get too much. Bottled water is a big industry, and I do suspect by telling you to drink more water, it gets you to buy more bottled water and increase their profits. If you read this and still decide to drink 6-16 glasses of water per day, I wish you luck with all the added toilet trips.

Michael McIntyre is a trainer who gives advice to men and women who want a body that has "The Hollywood Look". Get the slim & toned physique like Will Smith, Brad Pitt, Jessica Biel, or Megan Fox. Click here to see more great resources on my website http://somebodylied.com on how to achieve this look. I hope you enjoyed this article on how much water should you drink a day, and begin taking your life back, by implementing some of the tips I offer to you.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Michael_David_McIntyre

0 comments:

Post a Comment